Elijah Glasgow (1815-1875), was a native of North Carolina, where he was reared and where he married Miss Jane Caroline Jeans (1820-1854), a native of Tennessee, moved from Dresden, Weakley County, Tenn., to Arkansas in October of 1854, locating in Clay County. Here, Mr. Glasgow followed farming until his death in 1875. Jane is buried in the Scatterville Cemetery with no stone, so Elijah is probably there or in the Hillsboro Cemetery, where many of his family members are buried on the Greenway hill road southwest of Piggott.
Elijah and Jane had these children--
(1) William Thomas Glasgow (1836-1914), a Civil War soldier, was born in Henry County, Tenn., and died in McGreggor, Tex., leaving a wife and nine children. He moved to Comanche Springs, Tex., in 1870 and lived there until Jan. 1, 1883, when he moved to McGreggor, and had resided there for more than 30 years.
(2) Dorris Kennedy Glasgow (1840-1912) was born in Tennessee and died in Denton County, Tex. On the 1860 Greene County Census, Dorris was listed as his father with siblings living with him.
(3) Martha Anne Glasgow (1842-) was born in Henry County, Tenn., and died in McLennon, Tex.
(4) Marion Columbus Glasgow (1842-1916) married Sarah Francis Nettles Stephens (1838-1884) in 1863 in Greene County, Ark., and bought 160 acres of land in 1873. They had 10 children—Lula Ella; James M.; Dora J., who married a Deniston and had General and Arthur; Lewanna; William C.; Thomas Edward, who married Ettie Bruceker and had six daughters and two sons; Benjamin Franklin married Beadie Franklin,Beady Haywood and Emma Cannon Ham; George Henry, who married Lucy Jane Bone and had four children; Ardella; and Viola, who married George F. Waddle. Marion's second marriage was to Emma A. Walker (1855-1890) in 1884 and they had two children: Columbus Luther, who married Ida May Bain and had Donald, who was killed in action in 1943, Elbert L., who died in a Texas Army camp in 1945, Virginia who died young, Louise Smith, Gladys Mobley, Geneva Walker, Ann Shelby, Ezra, Fay Mosbey, Billy, Jimmy and Bobby; and Gracie Glasgow, who married Henry Clubb. Marion's third marriage was to Martha Virginia Glass (1871-1966) in February of 1892 and they had eight children: Jessie Cleveland, who married Esther D. Dallas and had Doyne and Martha Jane Holifield; Alvia J.; Essie, who married Jewell Gordon and had Alden Gordon and Mildred Cannon; Elsie who married Claude Alvey; Ethel Edna, who married Ben O. Stokes and had Dr. Melvin Stokes and Morris Stokes; Irvon O., who married Irene Golaher and was a druggist in Kennett; Eva A., who married Lynn French; Dr. Marion Claude of Cardwell, Mo., who drowned in the St. Francis River in 1909. He married Kitty Mae Blalock and had Dr. M.C. And Dr. James D. Glasgow.
(5) Marie Glasgow (1844-died young).
(6) Washington Berry Jeans Glasgow (1846-1907) was born in Weakley County, Tenn., and died in Clay County, Ark., and is buried in the Liberty Hill Cemetery. He married Mary Francis Hurst in 1867 in Greene County, Ark., and Mrs. Angeline Vowell, who had a daughter, Willie A., and sons John J. and William M. Vowell, and they had Martha J., F.E. and Willis; Mary Francis had Amanda Jane, who married Minor Tidwell; Francis Elizabeth married Joseph Edward McLeskey in 1890 in Boydsville, and they had Mary Mae Bookout, James McLeskey, Gladys, Linnie Dale, Ida Francis Spradley, Wallace Edward who married Lora Braman, Roy Prentice McLeskey, Jesse M. McLeskey, Mabel Grogan, Millie, who married Clyde Smart, Nillie McLeskey and Ethel Lavelle McLeskey. Mary Francis also had a son, James M.
(7) James Monroe Glasgow (1847-1907) was born in Clay County and died in Clay County, age 60. On the 1870 Greene County Census he was married to Margaret and had a son, William H.
(8) Mary Jane Buenavista Glasgow (1848-1908) was born in Weakley County, Tenn., and was in Clay County in 1860, age 12. She died in Tahaka, Tex., of Nephritis (spider bite complications). She first married Jasper Newton Castleberry and had a son, Newton Starlin Castleberry, in 1870. Her second marriage was to George Watkins Sanford, in McLennon County, Tex., and they had seven children.
(9) Margaret Caroline Glasgow (1852-1911) died in Noble, Noble County, Okla. (still need her married name)
(10) Irvin M. Glasgow (1852-1907) died in McLennon County, Tex., and married Melinda Ann Holloway. They had Ira, Claud and Maud.
On the 1870 Greene County Census Elijah has a second wife, Mrs. Luana Owens (1838-) who had been married to James W. Owens and had two young children, John A. and W.J. Owens. They are on the 1870 Greene County Census with the two children she had, along with Elijah Nancy and Martha. I can't find Luana after 1870, she probably married again and moved away.
(11) Nancy C. Glasgow (1868-) information is still needed on her.
(12) Martha D. Glasgow (1869-) I could not find anything on her.