Fire destroys Rector home

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Robert White of Rector narrowly escaped last week from a fire which totally destroyed his home on Highway 90 near Boydsville. Witnesses at the scene said White was lying on the ground when firefighters first arrived after escaping from the blazing house. White apparently was asleep in the home when the fire began and was awakened by the family dog. White was badly shaken but reportedly was okay later in the day. The fire was accelerated by a strong wind and burned to the ground in a short time despite the efforts of firefighters. Firemen were able to keep a recently-filled propane from exploding by keeping a constant stream of water on it to cool it from the nearby flames. (Photo by Nancy Kemp)

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: