[Masthead] Fair ~ 79°F  
High: 82°F ~ Low: 61°F
Thursday, July 24, 2014

Early morning fire destroys Rector home

Thursday, December 6, 2012

(Photo)
The RFD was called to the scene of this blaze early Thursday morning
Crews responded to an early morning fire Thursday in Rector. The Rector Fire Department received a call around 1 a.m. reporting a blaze at 219 North Main Street.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the home heavily involved, with flames and smoke rolling from the structure. The fire, believed to have started in the kitchen or utility room, ultimately spread throughout the home, resulting in a total loss.

Crews fought the inferno for hours, gaining control of the fire at approximately 5:30 a.m. The RFD remained on-site through much of the morning. Many members of the RFD went directly to their regular jobs and duties with little to no rest following blaze. The Times-Democrat would like to commend the volunteers of the RFD for their dedication and service.

More details will be featured in the upcoming edition of the Times-Democrat.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.