National FFA Week at Hand
The Piggott and Rector High School FFA chapters will celebrate National FFA Week, Feb. 17-21. This year's theme is Ignite and it embraces more than 80 years of FFA traditions while looking forward to the organization's future. More than half a million members will participate in National FFA Week activities at local, state and national levels. These members have a passion for agriculture.
Designated as National FFA Week in 1947, the week of George Washington's birthday is FFA Week, and runs from Saturday to Saturday. FFA Week gives FFA members an opportunity to educate the public about agriculture.
During the week, chapters conduct a variety of activities to help others in their school and community learn about FFA and agricultural education. Piggott FFA will celebrate National FFA Week by participating in the following activities:
* Monday is Greenhand Day where PHS FFA will honor all new FFA members.
* Tuesday is Hat Day and the start of the Chapter Food Drive.
* Wednesday will be FFA T-shirt Day, where all FFA members wear their FFA T-shirt.
* Thursday will be the Faculty and Staff appreciation Pancake Breakfast provided by FFA members.
* Friday is lunch for all the FFA members.
Rector FFA will participate in the following activities:
* Monday-Daily Trivia Question and Dress like a Farmer.
* Tuesday-Daily Trivia and After School Meeting and Party, and FFA T-Shirt Day.
* Wednesday-Daily Trivia Question and John Deere vs. CASE Day.
* Thursday-Daily Trivia Question, Blue and Gold Day and Pancake Breakfast for Teachers and Staff.
* Friday-Some of the FFA Members will be leaving to attend the Wild Hog CDE Contest in Fayetteville.
Today's FFA members are the innovators and leaders of tomorrow. Through agricultural and hands-on learning, they are preparing for more than 300 career opportunities in the food, fiber and natural resources industry.
National FFA Week is sponsored by Tractor Supply Company as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.